17.7.1 pc/MRP having trouble starting up and or installing
17.7.2 pc/MRP update fails to go through
The display driver is incompatible with pc/MRP. Switch to a Windows Standard display driver or update from a different computer.
17.7.3 "User does not have modify rights" message appears
Reinstall display driver or install standard display driver.
17.7.4 "FOXTOOLS.FLL DOES NOT EXIST" error message appears
17.7.5 Divide by zero, overflow and invalid error message appears
Go to the technical support page on our website at http://www.pcmrp.com and download the FOXW2600.EXE program.
17.7.6 Error 1705 message appears
You do not have full access rights to the pc/MRP directory.
17.7.7 "Microsoft Product in Use by Another" error appears
Workstation has not been mapped to the server.
17.7.8 "Unable to find the remote location" error appears.
The remote.mem file containing the path to the server is invalid or non-executable. Delete the remote.mem file in the pcmrpw directory if there is not a remote location. To change the path for the remote location go to the Configuration Menu, select About pc/MRP, and press Ctrl-R.
17.7.9 "Can not locate support library" error appears.
Either the foxw2600.esl or foxtools.fll has been attributed as a systems file. Un-attribute the two files using the following command at the DOS prompt: attrib -s foxw2600.esl [press enter] attrib -s foxtools.fll [press enter]
17.7.10 Error 108 Message Appears
The read-only window on the last floppy is open. Close the window, re-insert the floppy, and re-start pc/MRP.
17.7.11 Invalid library file
Close all programs and reboot the computer displaying this message.
17.7.12 "The file containing the user rights, is not present. Should the file be recreated?" error message appears
The password database file has been deleted. Call Software Arts for the password authorization code number. The password database will be recreated with a single Master/Master entry. Names and passwords must be re-entered into pc/MRP's password module.
17.7.13 pc/MRP's opening screen displays a different version number than pc/MRP's "About pc/MRP" screen
pc/MRP's config.mem file contain erroneous information. Run clrconfg.exe from Window's Explorer by double clicking on it.
17.7.14 "Enter the password recreation authorization code" error message appears
pc/MRP's advanced password database file has been deleted. Restore pw.dbf from a backup copy of your pcmrp directory or call Software Arts for the Password Recreation Authorization Code. If the Password Recreation Authorization Code is used, the password database file will be recreated with a single "Master"/"Master" administrator entry in it. All the user passwords and rights will have to be re-entered.
17.7.15 User has forgotten his password
17.7.16 Error Rendering Drive K
If drive K is your CD drive, put any CD into drive K or assign your CD drive another drive letter.
17.7.17 "Install Disk 2" message appears.
17.7.18 "Version Mismatch" error message appears.
You have installed a manual update of a newer version over an older version of pc/MRP. Call Software Arts.
17.7.19 "Error Occurred when attempting to connect to HTML driver" error message appears.
Pc/MRP failed to activate an HTML class. This class allows the user to generate an HTML form instead of a printed form. There are two reasons this error can occur. The first is that the network administrator has locked out the user’s right to install a print driver. The second is that occasionally Windows 95, 98 and ME will display this error message. Exiting pc/MRP and starting pc/MRP again will usually allow pc/MRP to restart without this error message. If you do not need to generate HTML files, you can turn off this option in “Configuration”, “Settings and Utilities”, Option 19.
17.7.20 "Visual FoxPro can not Create Program Work Space Temp File" error message appears.
User has read only rights, or the PC’s temp folder does not exist. To find your computer’s Temp folder select, Control Panel, System, and Advanced or Environment. If the displayed temp folder does not exist, create it. If it does exist, make sure it is not marked as a system or hidden folder. You can remove the system attribute by entering the following command from the DOS prompt: c:\attrib –s temp or whatever your temp folder is named.
17.7.21 Invalid Resource File error message..
User does not have ‘Modify Rights’ for the foxuser.dbf file in the pcmrpw directory on the server’s hard drive.
17.7.22 pc/MRP tries to start then disappears and may or may try to re-start many times.
· Your computer may not have FoxFont installed or your computer may be configured to use only True Type fonts. First insure that FoxFont is installed (foxfont.fon is in the Fonts directory), then under the menu for Tools, Folder Options, True Type Fonts, make sure the checkbox for “Show only True Type fonts…” is NOT checked.
17.7.23 MSVBVM60.dll is missing.
1. Use Window’s Explorer to locate the MSVBVM60.DLL file. If you can not locate this file you can download it from our website; click on Technical Support and Support Files. Copy and paste this file into the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder (or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder for WIN 95/98).
2. Leave this window open.
3. Click on Start, Run, type in regsvr32
4. Drag & drop the file MSVBVM60.DLL after the word regsvr32.
5. Press OK.
A response will come back saying the dll was registered successfully.
17.7.24 You get a Fatal error 171 while attempting to report error 171
· You have a language other than English (United States)-US installed on your computer.
· Select Start, Control Panel, Regional & Language Options, Select the Language tab, Details, and make sure your default language is English(United States)-US
17.7.25 pc/MRP does not start-up in full-screen mode.
· For versions 8.00K and higher, create a file named pcmrpscr.max in the pcmrpw directory.
17.7.25 You get a message similar to: “Undergoing maintenance” when you attempt to login to pc/MRP.
· An administrative lockout is set and can only be removed by the user and computer that set the lock.
· Delete the file “MRPBUSY.FLG” in the pcmrpw directory.
17.7.26 Everyone logging in gets an “Incorrect Password” error message.
· One or more of the work station PCs are using a code page other than English (1252) or one or more of the work stations are not using English-United States as their Regional Setting.
· pc/MRP Versions 8.00X and lower
· Restore the WP.DBF and WP.CDX file from a backup. Use Notepad and add the line CODEPAGE = 1252 to the last line of the CONFIG.FPW file. Save the file without the .TXT suffix by doing a Save As and putting double quotes around the filename as such: “config.fpw”. This will preserve the .fpw suffix and not add the .txt suffix. and restart pc/MRP. Or you could have pc/MRP add the CODEPAGE = 1252 line automatically by updating to pc/MRP 8.00Y or higher.
· pc/MRP Versions 8.00Y – 8.02B 8.00E and higher (versions 8.00E and higher have no password indexes)
· Press Control P when you get the error message. Select code page 1252, click on the Select Button and then click on the Retry Button. Version 8.02B and lower automatically re-indexes WP.DBF.
· pc/MRP Version 8.02C – 8.02D
· Press Control P when you get the error message. Select code page 1252, click on the Select Button and then click on the Retry Button. Press Control I to force a re-index of the WP.DBF file. Update to version 8.02E or higher when you get a chance.
· Change the Regional Settings to English by selecting Control Panel, Regional Settings, Advanced and select English-United States from the Regional Settings drop down list box.
17.7.27 You get a message “Variable ByPWUser can not be found”
· Entering an incorrect password and leaving the login screen open, or a phantom file lock can result in simultaneous re-indexing of the WP.CDX. This in turn can cause the CDX file to become malformed (missing it’s index tags).
· pc/MRP Versions 8.02B and lower
· Delete the WP.CDX file in the pc/MRP directory and restart pc/MRP. If that does not work restore the WP.DBF and WP.CDX file from a recent backup copy of the pcmrpw directory and restart pc/MRP.
· If you have pc/MRP Version 8.02C (pc/MRP will no longer automatically re-index the WP.DBF file)
· When you get the “Incorrect Password” error message, press Control I to force a re-index of the WP.DBF field
17.7.28 You get a message “Unable to re-index the WP.dbf data table”
· Entering an incorrect password and leaving the login screen open or a phantom file lock can result in simultaneous re-indexing of the WP.DBF File.
· pc/MRP Versions 7.90 and lower (uses IDX index and auto indexes)
· Delete the WP.IDX file in the pc/MRP directory and restart pc/MRP. If the operating system does not allow you to delete the WP.IDX file, go to the server and remove the lock on the WP.IDX file then restart pc/MRP. See error 1705 for instructions on removing phantom file locks.
· pc/MRP Versions 8.00 - 8.02B (uses CDX index and auto indexes)
· Delete the WP.CDX file in the pc/MRP directory and restart pc/MRP. If the operating system does not allow you to delete the WP.CDX file, go to the server and remove the lock on the WP.CDX file then restart pc/MRP. See error 1705 for instructions on removing phantom file locks.
· pc/MRP Versions 8.00C (uses CDX index and Control I to index)
· Delete the WP.CDX file in the pc/MRP directory and restart pc/MRP. If the operating system does not allow you to delete the WP.CDX file, go to the server and remove the lock on the WP.CDX file then restart pc/MRP. See error 1705 for instructions on removing phantom file locks. When you get the “Incorrect Password” error message, press Control I to force a re-index of the WP.DBF file.
· pc/MRP Versions 8.02D and higher (uses IDX index and Control I to index)
· Delete the WP.IDX file in the pc/MRP directory and restart pc/MRP. If the operating system does not allow you to delete the WP.IDX file, go to the server and remove the lock on the WP.IDX file then restart pc/MRP. See error 1705 for instructions on removing phantom file locks. Version 8.02C and higher, pc/MRP will no longer automatically re-index the WP.DDB file. When you get the “Incorrect Password” error message, press Control I to force a re-index of the WP.DBF file.
17.7.29 You get a message “Variable MRPUser” not found.
User may have installed a new demo copy of pc/MRP into an older version of pc/MRP. Restore the pcmrpw directory from a backup of pc/MRP.
17.7.30 pc/MRP’s start up window does not open in the maximized mode
pc/MRP’s Start up window is not set to open in the maximized mode. However, you can force this mode by using Notepad to create a file named PCMRPSCR.MAX in the pcmrpw directory.
17.7.31 Addresses in addrbook.dbf OK but not OK in Purchase, Invoice, Sales, & Receivers database files after updating to pc/MRP8.10 or higher
Update was run twice. Delete the files (not sub-directories) of the main pcmrpw directory. Copy and paste the files (not sub-directories) from the backup and run the update again.
17.7.32 You get a message: Startkey.prg not found
You have a corrupt pcmrp.exe file in memory or on the disk.
Re-boot the PC and try to start pc/MRP again.
Restore the pcmrp.exe file from a backup directory of the same version or manually update to the latest revision from the pc/MRP website; must be the same major version number.
17.7.33 Updating pc/MRP errors out when populating Closedat with default data
Restore from a backup and delete a file named LASTCLOSE.MEM in the pcmrpw directory before applying the update again.
17.7.34 Updating pc/MRP errors out when Spawning QuickBook files
Restore from a backup and double-check that a file named CLRCONFIG.EXE is in the pcmrpw directory before updating again.
17.7.35 You get a syntax error message when you start pc/MRP
· You have corrupt .dll files in memory. Re-boot your local computer and try again.
· You have corrupt .dll files on your server. Copy over all the .dll files from a current pc/MRP backup. (Must be the same main version of pc/MRP; e.g. from 8.10 to 8.10)